SLK 1.5 Update

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Sorry I've been quiet over the last month or so. Soon after the 1.5 Beta release I went on vacation and since then have been deep in rollover work. As almost all of my work is in the school sector August & September are always really busy.

I've now had some more time to work on SLK and have been working on some of the issues in SLK 1.5 and will have another release ready for Friday after which I will start replying to questions in the forum. after that I should also be able to keep on top of forum questions and do some more SLK development. At least until next August time again!

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I've now uploaded Beta 2 in the downloads area

http://slk.codeplex.com/releases/view/49988

I've been working on:

1. Trying to get the Configuration link and page in Central Admin in 2010 more stable.
  2. Various drop box fixed
  3. Error logging to event log working in 2010

I'm planning on releasing the next Beta on Monday 4 Oct as this one has been quite rushed so may have some ragged edges.

Richard

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Still no joy with this one I'm afraid, installs smoothly but trying to use any of the functins on a zip file results in an error. Nothing logged to event log.

I did a clean install of the new Beta to make sure there was no conflict.

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Hello.

Tried to retract and remove the BETA 1 2010. Installed the new Beta 2. Now i get an error after deploying and trying to set up the database.

The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

More information has been written to the server event log.

Also tried removing the old database without any luck.

Any tips on this error ?

Thank you!

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Hi, Im getting the following error when i try to deploy the 2007 1.5 beta2, from looking at a previous post it sounds like that when the source files are built its not creating the 32bit dll's correctly

Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.MRCI.dll

At present we do not use a 64bit server so the dll mentioned above isnt compatible,

Has anyone a solution for this.

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM

>>I've been working on:
>>1. Trying to get the Configuration link and page in Central Admin in 2010 more stable.

I have got no Configuration link and page in Central Admin in 2007 too!

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:59 AM
antwade wrote:

Hi, Im getting the following error when i try to deploy the 2007 1.5 beta2, from looking at a previous post it sounds like that when the source files are built its not creating the 32bit dll's correctly

Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.MRCI.dll

At present we do not use a 64bit server so the dll mentioned above isnt compatible,

Has anyone a solution for this.

I've just rewritten MRCI in managed code and merged into Compression so that shouldn't be a problem from the next release.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk