Beta 1 and UnstoredLearningSession

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 9, 2006 at 2:23 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the new release of code.

I was wondering why the UnstoredLearningSession class has been removed?
Is there a better/different way to produce the same effect - preview a content pack without storing the results?

Thanks

Mark
Nov 14, 2006 at 8:57 PM
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we had to cut UnstoredLearningSession from V1 due to our schedule. Thus there is no functionality for viewing a package without the database. You would need to use StoredLearningSession, and in the case of SLK, create a self-assigned assignment and then delete it when you are complete, which could be done programmatically if you have a custom situation.

If you really need UnstoredLearningSession, you could probably jumpstart the development yourself and then submit it for the next release. If that is interesting to you, maybe we could post some of the initial planning thoughts.

-Mark
Aug 27, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Mark,

Is there a plan to incorporate the UnstoredLearningSession in future releases? If so, when? I'm implementing an LMS in which having a preview ability will be extremely useful, since it does not store anything in the database, students who have completed a course, but would like to go back and review course material to refresh their memory of the topic. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Kevin
Sep 13, 2007 at 7:58 AM
Vandana can probably better comment on the current dev plans, but I don't think this is one of the top issues at the moment. Probably the best thing to do here is to put a feature request in to the Issue Tracker and it can get community votes. I think in general the items with the most votes are getting the most attention. Of course if you have development resources to put into implementing it that would be great too. :)
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Hi,

Has there been any further update on this? I am looking to use the UnstoredLearningSession for a project of mine. If the code is no longer there/available, is there someone out there who could help with some documentation/overview so I can develop it myself?

Thanks