Proprietary Content Formats

Topics: User Forum
Nov 9, 2006 at 9:20 PM
I have one other question regarding the use of proprietary file formats for lesson content. We are currently using content authoring tools RapidBuilder and RapidExam from XStream software to create lessons and exams. RapidBuilder generates a SCO which includes an .rbx file. This .rbx file contains the actual content of the exam and is embedded in an .htm file. It requires the use of an ActiveX plugin to display within IE. I am able to open this .htm file with the embedded .rbx file with no problem outside of SLK. The ActiveX plugin opens the content in a new window and minimizes the IE window. However, when SLK attempts to launch the .htm file in the content pane of the frameset, errors are thrown and the content cannot be displayed. My question then is: In theory, should the SLK frameset facilitate the display of this proprietary file and its ActiveX player or is that simply not something SLK supports? If I can provide any clarification, please let me know! Thanks!
Nov 10, 2006 at 7:02 PM
In theory, this should work. Can you send us a package created with RapidBuilder to test with?