SLK will not open SCORM package from the ADL site

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 29, 2008 at 3:27 AM
Has anyone else had any issues opening the test SCORM 2004 packages from the ADL site? I am running build 1.3.0.2. The SLK can open the Solitaire.zip just fine but when I try to start the assignment from the ADL site it just opens an open-save-cancel dialogue box. Here is the link to the content on the ADL site. http://www.adlnet.gov/scorm/index.aspx
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Hey Mr. Bean -- I have just started my SLK experience this morning. The Solitare.zip demo worked... but I have spent the better part of the day getting any other SCORM 2004 package to work (PITE and SRTE modules specifically.) It might have something to do with SCORM 3rd Edition--not exactly sure what the current SLK supports, I have read only 2nd Edition, but my research is just starting.

I just got the LMS quick test to work from the CourseLab site, so this is the direction I am moving. Wish us luck on our quests, eh?
Mar 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM
The odd thing is this content worked on 1.2. I have not made a new VM to test the older build with the newer one. If the SLK is to stay SCORM compliant it will need to run the content from the ADL site since they are the ones that control the Certification of the applications.
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:13 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.