MULTI-Student Assignment

Topics: User Forum
Mar 4, 2008 at 10:37 AM
I'm sorry about my english. I wish you know somebody Spanish in this project...

I have more than 5000 Active Directory users and is very difficult to assign the courses to all of them. I tried to create a sharepoint group "students" with read&learner permissions in the site collection, and I try to include the "DOMAIN\Users Domain" group to him. But when I assign the courses to the group of "students", I only assign to few users. In addition, if I want to put the users one by one, Group and Persons web page only upload 200 users at the same time.

What can I do to facilitate the work of assign of courses in my situation?
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM
Can I restate your problem as "when I create an Active Directory group containing many students and assign a course to the group, it only gets assigned to a few of the students"?

If so, is there a pattern to who is and isn't assigned? For example, are all students from DOMAINX being assigned, but no students from DOMAINY are being assigned?
Mar 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM

JayBeavers wrote:
Can I restate your problem as "when I create an Active Directory group containing many students and assign a course to the group, it only gets assigned to a few of the students"?

If so, is there a pattern to who is and isn't assigned? For example, are all students from DOMAINX being assigned, but no students from DOMAINY are being assigned?

There is no pattern... it is totally random. One learner is "Antonio Araujo", other "Mauro Herrera" and so "userforwebmonitoring".
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Have you tried using an Active Directory group rather than a SharePoint group?
Mar 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM

JayBeavers wrote:
Have you tried using an Active Directory group rather than a SharePoint group?

Yes, I have added "DOAMIN\Domain Users" with read and learning permissions. But when I assign a lesson, AD groups are not in "Distribute the Assignment --> Learners --> Groups" (only SharePoint groups are)