anonymous usage scenario

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 11, 2008 at 8:46 PM
First of all I'd like to comment on how well this system works - I was impressed with the installation guide and functionality of the toolkit.

I wanted to ask a question particular to the environment where I'm setting up the SLK feature. The site is meant to be an anonymous enabled portal so all published pages are viewable without authentication.

The goal would be to host a series of eLearning courses viewable to all without having to log in or be assigned to take the course. I wanted to get any feedback on feasibility and possible issues in this approach, as I see that the SLK is very user dependent for distributing content (instructors and learners).

I was also hoping as a workaround to have a "learner" account who is assigned all courses - then all website users could log in with this guest "learner" account to take the courses they are interested in - not sure if this is a possible solution (would need to disable course resume functionality or anything like that to avoid end user confusion)..

Hope to hear back with any feedback you can provide with.
Thanks,

Alex
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Anonymous usage just really isn't in the design of SLK. To enable anonymous would mean a lot of changes in the SLK database and code. I'd suggest finding a different learning management system for this scenario.