SLK 1.5 Release Candidate

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

 I have just released SharePoint Learning Kit 1.5 Release Candidate which is available from the downloads page.

The main changes are to support Claims based authentication in SharePoint 2010.

Unless any major bugs are found I will move this to the stable version on 1 Feb 2011.

Changes

 

Rewrite of Domain Group Enumeration Of Members

I've completely rewritten the code to pull the members from Active Directory domain groups. Both to handle claims based authentication and to increase performance. I've also handled the groups DOMAIN\Domain Users and NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users more gracefully. Groups such as BUILTIN\Administrators are now supported as well.

Users logging in via NTLM & Claims Based Authentication get all of their assignments

Previously if you had multiple authentication methods i.e. NTLM for internal access and claims based for external access, how you logged in made a difference to the assignments you saw. You should now get a consolidated view of your assignments.

Return All Button works

Bug fix. Return all button now works.

Users in OUs with forward slash in their name can be assigned to.

Bug fix. You can now assign work to users in an OU with a forward slash in it's name.

Localise Calendar Control on Assignment Properties Page

It should now pick up the first day of the week from the site properties.

SLK Configuration Page can create Permission Levels in Claims Based Authentication Site Collections

Bug fix. Before this release it failed to do so.

 

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Thanks for the update, adding AD groups will certainly save a lot of time. I have just upgraded the solution but the old assignments are unavilable, when I roll back they are there, is there anything I need to do to make them available on the 1.5rc version?

Matt Brumpton

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Same problem here. All new assignments are visible in the assignment list webpart but the old ones are not. No errors in either the sharepoint logfiles or the windows eventviewer. Does this have to do with the rewritten authentication? I can imagine that the link to the user has changed becouse of that.

Wouter Berman

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Yes that's correct. Previously in the useritem table, the users were keyed by their claims account name which was in the format i:0#.w|demo\fred - where demo is the domain name and fred the AD account name. This was causing problems with group membership and also in cases where the set up was that users could log in via Integrated Windows authentication (internal) and Claims based (externally). I've now managed to link back to the original AD account when using Claims so these problems are solved. 


To get access back to their previous assignments you'll need to link them to their new names if already present twice in the database, or update the key in the useritem table to their SID.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk