Localisation issue with SLK 1.5 RC (French, Hungarian)

Topics: User Forum
Jan 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Hello,

I have succesfully installed and deploy the last version of SLK (1.5 RC) on a sharepoint 2010 farm, that currently supports different languages (1036,1038,1044)

The solution was added using the stsadm line command, and also was added the lanaguage packs (-lcid option).

On the appropriate web application the solution was deployed, and also was the language pack (french ,1036 in this sample).

I've modified the slksettings.xml with updated translations, and appliaed the update with slkadm.

As already noticed by someone else, the configuration page is not available in the sharepoint 2010 adminsitration pages, but it applied the default configuration.

The assignment web part was translated correctly, and so that means that the slkadm worked ok.

So everything seemed to be OK, but when i select an assignment, then all the options and menus remained in english.

I know that 1.4 worked ok in 2007 for french because we installed that 2007 farm, and SLK is one of the application we need to migrate to 2010.

Any idea why the localisation did not worked ?

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Have you set the locale of the site to French?

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM

The default locale of the farm is french, and it's the same for web apps, site collections and sites.