Need to Repackage SLK 1.4 Source code

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Hi All,

I just made some modifications in the SLK 1.4 source code mainly for sending out notifications to relevant learners and instructors when:

1. a training is assigned.

2. a training is deleted.

Now i need to repackage the source code into a wsp with a proper version in it. Since we are still working on MOSS 2007, I have to keep a proper versioning so that codeplex build and my custom build can reside on the same environment.

Can anyone send across the corresponding WSP project file to repackage the thing? i believe WSP builder is used to repackage the code, but there are too many files to trace and place in right folders....

Thanks

Adnan Shamim

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

It's built using MSbuild, although in the 1.4 timeframe it doesn't quite go all the way to packaging all the release files into a single directory.

Either run msbuild in the root or in slk\solution.

wspbuilder is not used. Just makecab and a ddf file.

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:07 AM

I just located about 14 files in the wsp which are configured to be placed in \DropBoxDocLib and \DropBoxDocLib\DropBoxDocLib\ locations in the 12 hive. but i do not see this folder being created on my environment after installing SLK 1.4

Also, the drop box functionality does not work properly. I cannot access the assignments from assignmentproperties.aspx and grading.aspx pages as they give error.

is this a known issue in this version ? anyway i can totally remove the dropbox functionality without impacting anything else?

regards,

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM

The files in \DropBoxDocLib and \DropBoxDocLib\DropBoxDocLib\ are legacy and are not used, they just didn't get removed from the package. I've since removed them.

What errors are you getting.

Richard

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:10 AM

The assignment is done successfully, i am using a word document.

The learner opens the assignment, writes some text in the word document and closes ms word. then submits. after submission a message is displayed in red color ...something related to that learner not having permissions to view that assignment now.

When the instructor comes to the assignmentlist web part and tries to open the item related to this learner (as in case of any scorm based test, the grading.aspx page is opened), grading.aspx crashes and reports 'unknown error'

I can only see the learner's copy of that word document from the DropBoxDocLib created on the SLK site (through view all site content page)

regards,

adnan shamim.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I've done quite a few bug fixes around permissions in the drop box post 1.4. They are all included in 1.5.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk