Cannot submit tests with large number of responses

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I have a quizmaker test with 50 questions published to SLK.  I have tried using both SCORM 2004 2nd edition and 3rd edition, but in either case I find that if the user gives over around 45 responses, the test cannot be submitted to the instructor.  In this case, when the Submit button is pressed from the Resume Assignment screen, the usual "submitting an assignment will send it to the instructor" popup appears, but on presing the OK button the user is returned to the Resume Assignment screen within SLK with the submit button still available.  The test is not submitted.

If the user attempts the same test but only answers around 40 questions before submitting they see the same pop up message but on pressing ok the submit button is removed as the test is successfully submitted to the instructor.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?

Kind Regards,

Dave Dixson.

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I seem to be having a simular issue. I'm using Articulate to make a test. I'm using the 1.4 build on a 2k7 SP install.

At 25 questions it submits fine.

At 38 questions there is an errors on submit. If I set the quiz to auto-submit it will return a grade but the error page persists. With auto-submit the assignment doesn't seem to finish however.

Thanks

Ten

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I never found a fix to it in the end - I have set as a restirction to our users that single tests cannot have more than 20 questions.  If I come up with a fix I will post it to this thread to let you know.

Dave.

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I've fixed this for the 1.6 release.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk