AttemptCount not incrementing

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 21, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Based on the documentaiton, I understand that the Attemptcount value on ActivityAttemptItem should be increasing every time the user attempts the test.  However, in my database, AttemptCopunt seems to be always stuck always equal either NULL or 1.  Do I need to do somthing special to get this field to increment?

Cheers,

Dave.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Is that after submission and reactivation ?

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Hi Richard - thanks for your help. 

The AttempCount does not change following mulitple submits or multiple reactivations.  Here is the scenario...

Learner opens and submits test - there are two new entries in Activity Item with attemptCount=1. 

Instruvtor reactivates test - there are still the same two entries in ActivityItem with attemptCount=1. 

Learner reopens and resubmits - there are still the same two entries in ActivityItem with attemptCount=1.

Instructor reactivates test - there are still the same two entries in ActivitiyItem with attemptCount=1.

My query on ActivityItem is ordering by ID desc, and no new enteies are appearing (other than the first step when the user first attempts the test).  The AttemptCount is just stuck on 1.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.