Error System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Topics: User Forum
Jan 25, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble installing the SLK, I've search the forum, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

So far, I've installed the SLK using the GettingStarted.pdf and have successfully uploaded my SCORM package, after right clicking on my SCORM packege and selecting 'E-learning actions'. I successfullly get to the 'What would you like to do with this document' page.

If I 'assign this learning resource to yourself', the e-learning works fine.

But when I attempt to assign it to someone else I get: 'An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log'

This is what I get from the server event log.

SharePoint Learning Kit Error System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The Web application at http://spappsvr06/projects/elearning could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.<>c__DisplayClassa.<GetMemberships>b__9() at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetMemberships(SPWeb spWeb, IEnumerable`1 additionalInstructors, IEnumerable`1 additionalLearners, ReadOnlyCollection`1& groupFailures, String& groupFailureDetails, Boolean instructorsOnly) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.get_SlkMembers() at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.SetAssignmentProperties() at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

We're running Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit), SharePoint 2007 and the 1.5 beta of the SLK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM

What URL are you working from when assigning the package. It looks like you might need to set up Alternate Access Mapping.s

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your input. We've set up the Alternate Access Mapping, and everything appears to work correctly.

Thanks again.

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hello i have the very same issue, but i don't understand the fix, what did you add to the alternat path exactly ?