Missing Learner ID in MS Word and unable to open submitted files

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Hey experts

I've got a few problems with my SLK installation in a SharePoint 2010 environment. After successfully testing on a standalone-system (without Active Directory, dunno if that has an influence), I installed it on a productive Installation. We've got two Web Frontend Servers, a DB-Server and a MS ActiveDirectory-Solution.

1. First problem: Everything like upload and assign documents to students works fine. When I log in as a student, klick on "begin assignment" the document is opened by Word 2007 and 2010 like expected. But then I get a warning refering to "required properties". When klicking on "Edit properties" I recognize that the field "Learner Id" is empty. (anybody an idea why?)
  2. Second problem: I decided to try to upload the edited file and submit the assignment manually. It seemed to work fine. But after logon as an instructor I was not able to open the submitted file. There wasn't even a Hyperlink. I only saw that the assignment was submitted and was able to give some points and return the assignment to the learner.

Thank you guys for your help.

Adrian

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hi Adrian,

Which version are you using?

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. The most obvious thing I've forgotten...
I'm using the latest release v1.5RC-2010

Kind regards,
Adrian 

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Please try with the final 1.5 release.