Can I remove Resume option if test previously marked

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 1, 2011 at 4:22 PM

When using Quimaker-created tests there is nothing to stop the user marking their test, exiting from the test and then resuming the test.  On the resume, quizmaker offers the opportunity to start agian, giving the user the chance to enter what they now know to be the correct answers (following the marking)

I have noticed that once the test is marked, the ActivityAttemptItem DataModelCache field contains all the interactions made by the user.  This is not populated until the test is marked.  One solution to prevent users from taking previously marked tests again would be to remove the Resume button in SLK when interactions exist for the activity item.  This would mean that for previously marked tests the only option is submit.

Is this easily possible?   Basically I would need to remove the Resume button from the SLK Resume Assignment page when interactions exist in the activityitem DataModelCache. 

Kind Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I would personally say that this is a limitation/by design of Quizmaker.

Possibly the best method would be if it's possible to modify the Quizmaker's template to that when it's marked it's automatically submitted. I've no idea if this is possible and it would be worthwhile following up in the Quizmaker forums/support.

The DataModelCache isn't loaded in the resume assignment page, so in order to remove the resume button you'd have to make an extra database call to determine if there's data in there. It is doable, but isn't likely to be a core feature so would not be high on the priorities list.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk