SLK SCORM compliance?

Mar 28, 2008 at 9:52 PM
Does anyone know what edition of ADL SCORM 2004 compliance SLK 1.3 adheres to? SCORM 2004 3rd edition is the latest. If not, does anyone know the last date that SLK SCORM compliance was updated? This might help me cross reference with ADL release dates.
Apr 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM
SLK 1.0 is conformant with SCORM 2004 2nd edition. I haven't been very active with SLK since the 1.0 release, but I don't believe the community has updated to 3rd edition yet.
Apr 2, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2008 at 12:59 PM
It's really a Nice kit!!!
I wanna to know that - How do we can make our own question list, as Solitaire.zip is given.

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:58 AM
Hi Mark,

It seems to be not so bad, as when I tested for compliance with ADL test packages, it was 60% compliance, and minor annoying issues which should be easy to fix.

I just wish more effort would go into this as the 2004 3rd edition is pretty old.

Not sure who wants to jump into this with me.

MarkKnight wrote:
SLK 1.0 is conformant with SCORM 2004 2nd edition. I haven't been very active with SLK since the 1.0 release, but I don't believe the community has updated to 3rd edition yet.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:24 AM
SCORM 2004 4th edition is out now.

We need to catch up.
Jul 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM
4th edition isn't quite out yet, but it has been announced

"SCORM 2004 4th Edition is expected to be released late 2008."

http://www.adlnet.gov/News/articles/index.aspx?ID=477
Jul 28, 2008 at 5:52 AM
When it IS out, this system will be 2 verions behind, and not very marketable compared to Moodle, which will be ahead of SLK soon.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:31 AM

There have been no updates to the SCORM player in SLK since 1.0 was released.  Grab the source code and a copy of Visual Studio and get to it!  :-)

- jcb

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM
The question is more if the SCORM 2004 3rd is in the roadmap already.
Working on it is fine, but useless if it's already almost done.
For now, the difference with other open-source and commercial tool is the compliance to SCORM 2004.
If SLK become 100% compliant, then you can say bye bye to Moodle and others ... ;)
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 4:53 PM
I'm not aware of any work being done on adding SCORM 2004 3rd edition support to SLK.  If you started, you would be the first.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM
> It seems to be not so bad, as when I tested for compliance with ADL test packages, it was 60% compliance, and minor annoying issues which should be easy to fix.

Please submit individual bugs on the 3rd edition compliance test using the Issue Tracker.  Perhaps a title like "2004 3rd : Test 2a : RTEAPI must not accept ..."

We can then look at small patches for each bug and see how much change is needed.

One wrinkle here is that I know the SLK team had some troubles being compliant with multiple versions of the SCORM spec -- I believe there were changes/contradictions between the versions.  If we find that this trend has continued (e.g. making a change to meet 3rd edition compliance breaks 2nd edition compliant content) what is the general feeling of people about this?  Is it better to be compliant with the most recent standard?  What is the potential impact on older SCORM authoring tool compatibility?

- jcb
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:08 PM
You're right Jay, I totally agree.
There's nothing worst than regression, specially since SLK start to be a known alternative.
So far, I only got issues with the 2004 version packages.
I guess it's better to forget the 2004 version for now, specially since there might be another release at the end of the year ;)

Thanks for the feedback ;)
Jun 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Hi Richard,

Do you know if anyone is currently working on adding support for SCORM 2004 3rd and 4th edition to the SLK?

-Todd

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Hi Todd,

Not to my knowledge. It's certainly not in the scope of work ITWorx is doing. It is on my to do list of stuff I'd like to get done, but so is a lot of other stuff.

Richard