SLK 1.3.1 ALPHA webpart error

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 3, 2008 at 10:29 AM
Hi,

After successfully deploying, when i add the assignment webpart to the page i get the following error within the webpart.

"An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log."

After checking the event logs iv found this.

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AnonymousSlkStore' to type 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AnonymousSlkStore'.

If anyone has anyideas of what i may have missed when deploying the solution i would be very grateful.

Im using the alpha as it has the observer role and I need it for the learning gateway were setting up,

Thankyou
Apr 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM
I'm having the same issue after doing a clean install of the alpha. this is the first time i have tried working with the SLk so there are no previous settings around to muck up the works. I also get an error when I select a document in the library and click E-Learning actions. Anyone know what's going on?
Jun 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM
I have this error too, but with 1.3.0.2

I also don't get the E-learning Actions option in the document library

...Update. Sorted..I was running as network service rather than Domain Account.

My bad
Jun 12, 2008 at 8:33 PM
Hi Antwade:

I have same problem, but  I resolve when applied the instruction of  "Readme_131.txt":

See the last instruction:

"his upgrade of SLK uses Sessions. Whether installing afresh or upgrading, sessions have to be enabled for your web application as follows,

Locate the root of your web application node and make the following changes to the web.config present in that node,
i. Search and uncomment the following node in web.config
<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule"/>
ii. Set enableSessionState attribute of the <pages> element to true".

Regards

Alexis López Tapia
www.kyberne.com