SLK works with sample Solitaire.zip but not even work with rezipped Solitaire.zip

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM
I have installed SLK 1.2 to SLK 1.3.0.1, SLK 1.3.0.2. They all work with sample Solitaire.zip from the installation package. But none of them work with any ADL example package from SCORM 2004 2nd to 3rd edition. Whenever I start to assign the learner, the assignment form doesn't take any information from manifest (title, description, point). When the learner starts to assignment, get the open-save-cancel dialogue box.

Eventually I just upzipped the Solitaire.zip file, and zipped it using compressed tool from microsoft and winrar, then I got the same open-save-cancel dialogue box when taking the course.

Does anybody have the same problem before? I have tried SLK on several machines, all the same problem.

Apr 10, 2008 at 5:12 PM
It sounds like you are zipping the folder rather than the contents of the folder. If the imsmanifest.xml isn't at the root of the zip package, then SLK will think it is just a zip file and you will get the standard open/save download box.
Apr 10, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Thanks, that's exactly the mistake I made.