Ansewers to assignments - SLK Query

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Hi guys,

I was wondering a couple of days ago how can I get answers to the questions submitted by learners for particular assignment ?
Like you know, the solitaire there are some questions, learners put their answers and its stored somewhere in database.

The only query I was able to define is like this:

SELECT U.Name, AAI.DataModelCache, II.LearnerResponseString
FROM UserItem AS U INNER JOIN AttemptItem AS AI
ON U.Id = AI.LearnerId INNER JOIN ActivityAttemptItem AS AAI
ON AI.Id = AAI.AttemptId INNER JOIN InteractionItem AS II
ON AAI.Id = II.ActivityAttemptId
WHERE AAI.RawScore IS NOT NULL

I was wondering if there is better way to get the results, for specific learner, for specific assignment ?
Maybe I should use API instead of plain SQL ?

Any ideas would be great,
thanks
Tomasz
May 27, 2008 at 6:30 PM
hey guys,

I was wondering the same thing as Tomasz was. I am currently working with a client that needs the information that the users provide in Short Answer questions i created from Captivate. I tried a bunch of different ways of going about it, and I'm about famished. Any insight in this matter would be much obliged.

thanks
epg_tech
Jun 4, 2008 at 12:33 AM
Hi guys, you are not alone!

There are many queries in e-learning forums trying to find this out too. As is the search for the 'right' e-learning package that allows for this without getting into the coding. Not finding any answers or suitable e-learning packages I ended up modifying the solitaire code (I wouldn't recommend this!). I first looked at the code produced by other packages and discovered no standard method used.

The hand-written Solitaire code uses the API but I am still struggling with the Data Model and how to pass on variables to other XML pages within 'package'. I've tried storing them in the Model and retrieving them from another page ... however the API seems to have a way of retrieving undefined variables when on another page. I haven't given up entirely as I have other things to get on with ...

I would love some simple ideas too.
Cheers,
David.