Delete the database for a Schema Change - Please tell me your not serious!

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 25, 2008 at 3:02 PM
Just looking at upgrading from the MLG version of the SLK to V1.3.1 Alpha. Reading the notes it indicates that if the database has had a schema change then you need to DELETE the old one and create a new one.

HANG ON - What happens to all of the data that we have populated, assignments etc etc..,. You honestly cannot expect this to be taken seriously.!

Where is the SQL db upgrade scripts? This is application developement 101 here.
Apr 25, 2008 at 4:07 PM
I spotted this yesterday and couldn't quite believe it. I did spend some time searching for upgrade SQL scripts or at least documentation on the schema breaking changes, but couldn't find anything. Accepted this is an alpha, but I'd still expect this to include the proposed DB upgrade in order to test it. I've got a horrible sense of having been here before, with live customers on a Microsoft platform and no upgrade path...
Apr 25, 2008 at 4:43 PM
People will also have the added complexity in that some will be coming from the main SLK code trunk (1.2, 1.3 etc) and other from the MLG code branch.

It may be that the MLG code branch is in better shape as the Observer role (which is the addition for 1.3.1 to bring the MLG branch back into the trunk) may be the only change.

Some details please - or a SQL upgrade script?