Script controls may not be registered before PreRender

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi Richard,

Please help me out. This error has started to come up in our live environment. Only one web application seems to be running SLK properly.

When to go any document library where trainings are hosted and click on E-LearningActions option, i receive the following error

Script controls may not be registered before PreRender

The url constructed on the IE window is:

http://apdc.oneabbott.com/explore/gavrisa/e-learning/_layouts/SharePointLearningKit/Actions.aspx?ListId={C3CEB83F-005E-49EC-844E-56D40171849C}&ItemId=1

Please help me out.

Regards,

Adnan Shamim.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM

ok, I seem to have narrowed the problem.

We have just installed Bamboo IT Productivity pack and Bamboo Project Management Suite. These 2 products come with about 32 components (web parts, file share library, custom columns e.g. rating column etc).

There is some conflict with these components what that of SLK pages.

I would be getting in touch with the Bamboo Support to fix that. Please le me know in case you got any idea.

Else, I would have to shift all by SLK site collections to some other web applications where Bamboo Suites are NOT installed.

Regards,

Adnan Shamim

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Hi Adnan,

Look's like it might be due to this

http://aspnetresources.com/blog/controls_may_not_be_registered_before_prerender

I've just checked on the SLK application pages do not call base.OnPreRender.

Has your system.master been updated since the Bamboo installation, either manually or by the install program?

Regards,

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM

<quote>

I've just checked on the SLK application pages do not call base.OnPreRender.

</quote>

Does this mean that you did not over ride the OnPreRender() method at all and hence there is no need to call base.OnPreRender() from the SLK pages?

I would inquire Bamboo Support team about any changes in the system.master, but wouldn't doing any change in the system.master would effect the whole platform ? SLK 1.4 is working perfectly fine on the sites where Bamboo Solutions are not installed. I am even using the same database which I created for initial installations.

There is an option to set site master page and system master page from a sharepoint site.... do you mean application.master page when you refer to system.master page ?

regards,

adnan shamim....

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Yes sorry I mean application.master.

The OnPreRender method is used in all the SLK pages.

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:37 AM

So,

This means I have to ask Bamboo Support guys for the same check ? Everything is ok from SLK's end ?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I've made a change to the SLK pages which will be in 1.6. If the problem is that in the link above it will need the change in, or any script controls removed. Of course we still don't know if that is the cause.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM

hmm, but to my knowledge SLK 1.5 and above are specific to SharePoint 2010 aren't they?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM

No they support 2007 & 2010.