SLK And Release version of MOSS

Topics: User Forum
Dec 1, 2006 at 5:36 PM
Has anyone installed SLK beta 1.0 on a computer with MOSS 2007 (final - not the beta 2)? I tried but "AddSolution" does not work (stsadm cannot add the solution SharePointLearningKit.wsp).
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2006 at 12:24 AM
I just did this on WSS 3.0 (not MOSS). I ran into an issue where even though I followed the upgrade instructions in the readme and deleted what I thought was all the old state from the server that WSS 3.0 still thought SLK was installed and would not deploy. I couldn't see SLK in the EnumSolutions or using the WSS 3.0 Administrator tool and DeleteSolution.cmd didn't help.

If you look at the error code it says to 'use the force switch'. I did this by copying the command out of DeploySolution.cmd and appending -force to it. The end result was:

%SPDIR%\bin\stsadm -o deploysolution -name SharePointLearningKit.wsp -url http://localhost -immediate -allowGacDeployment -force

This fixed the problem for me.
Dec 5, 2006 at 4:26 PM
I have installed SLK on WSS 3.0 final bits, but did a clean install (not an upgrade). It has been working fine for me. Haven't tried MOSS. I do know that we've had some problems with SLK showing up in Central Admin on farm configurations. The solution from the SharePoint team is to do 'stsadm -o scanforfeatures', which apparently refreshes SharePoint's solution store.