SLK Learners

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM

We have 1.5.2 deployed and everything appears to be working except the web part viewer.  If an assignment is created and assigned to you, you will not see the item.  You will however see all items that you are assigned as an instructor.  Any ideas?

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I was able to figure this out part of this with much toil and tribulation. 

I had to add the webpart and add the SharePoint group that I created for the learners to the audience field.

Edit webpart -> Advanced -> audiences -> add learners group.

What I am faced with now is that if a user is also an instructor, they cannot see assignments that they can complete.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM

You don't need to do anything with audiencing for SLK to work.

The 2 main causes of not seeing your assignments are:

1.    The web part has a property controlling whether to show only assignments for the current site, or all assignments. By default it is just for the current site.

2.    The web part will function in learner mode unless you have the SLK Instructor permission on the site that the web part is present on. To view your learner assignments if you are an instructor, you will need to place it on a different site where you are not an instructor, and edit the properties to show from all assignments.

There are also options in the web part to force a particular view to show.

Richard Willis

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Thank you, this is exactly what we needed.

Drew Heath, MCP
IT Systems Engineer

Terra West Management Services

6655 S. Cimarron Road, Suite 200 | Las Vegas, NV 89113
702-251-4532 office | 702-251-4375 fax | 702-279-5808 mobile

www.terrawest.com | dheath@terrawest.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:13 AM
To: Drew Heath
Subject: Re: SLK Learners [SLK:271997]

You don't need to do anything with audiencing for SLK to work.

The 2 main causes of not seeing your assignments are:

1. The web part has a property controlling whether to show only assignments for the current site, or all assignments. By default it is just for the current site.

2. The web part will function in learner mode unless you have the SLK Instructor permission on the site that the web part is present on. To view your learner assignments if you are an instructor, you will need to place it on a different site where you are not an instructor, and edit the properties to show from all assignments.

There are also options in the web part to force a particular view to show.

Richard Willis

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk