SLK Assignment returned to student as read only

Topics: User Forum
Oct 2, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I have been trying out SLK as a student user to see that it works as I expect and have come across an issue:

If I replace the text of an assignment written using Word, with my 'student's work' and then submit, this works fine.

I can then, as the tutor, view the submission add comments then return and reactivate the assignment, this works fine.

As a student I can then open and view the comments made on the original piece of work but it opens read only - I can't make the changes and save them to re-submit  - it doesn't allow me to call it anything else and save it, nor does it allow me to overwrite it.  I know of a work-around which is to save outside sharepoint and then submit as a separate file but this is counter-intuitive.

Have you any ideas how to stop the returned file from being read only?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM

What version are you using?

If you are evaluating, please try 1.6 as that has lots of bug fixes in and it has just worked correctly in my test in my latest development build.

Richard Willis

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

May 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I am facing the same problem using version 1.6! When I reactivate a course for a learner, he is able to view it again. But he cannot do the test again. Instead he sees his previous answers. Can anyone help me, please?