Duplicate items in the resource parameter

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I got several issues after convert the SLK projects to  VS 2010.  Hope anyone could help me to solve these problems.

1. Running nmake from the dev\SLK folder didnt find the makefile (this happens if you download the newest source)
  2. Trying to compile (recreate or create the project) resolves with this error:
  • The element "properties \ AppResources.Designer.cs" was specified in the Sources parameter more than once. Duplicate items are not supported by the Source parameter.
  • I am ensure that this issue want also be focus on the other resources files in SLKDLL project, but couldn't see them yet about the biuld is stoping on the uper issue.

I tried to found a solution but any posts I found for other projects didn't bringing me to the right way.

By the time I missing instructions how to create a developement environment using VS 2010, and instructions for the changes I have to do.  Also there are no VS 2010 projectfiles included.  By the changes of the VS versions it would be kind to find also the actuell solution and project files in the source - makes somewhat easyer to start.

Sincerally

Matthias

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 4:56 PM

To build the project run msbuild in the root folder

I don't use or have Visual Studio installed which is why there are no solution files. You should be able to open the csproj files though, I have tried to keep them in Visual Studio format.

Richard Willis

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk