Temporary Workaround for "Solitaire content not rendering" issue

Topics: User Forum
Dec 6, 2006 at 6:41 PM
We updated our group policy to include the policy "allow users to add sites to internet zones".

This worked, but we can only use this as a temporary fix. We'd like to know does the actual code displaying this content make changes to the registry or does it temporarily add a specific url to any internet zone?
Dec 8, 2006 at 2:50 AM
I'm not sure what is going on here. Haven't heard of any issues like this before. I did a quick check with one of the developers and SLK shouldn't be doing anything specific to the network zone settings in the browser.
Dec 11, 2006 at 8:10 PM
We were able to get the content to display, but still haven't solved the problem completely. We found that when the option "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME" (under Custom settings for the Trusted Zone) is set to "ENABLED", the content will render. Otherwise it will not.

I'll post more info as I get it, thanks for the help so far.

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:14 PM
UPDATE: The IFrame setting under IE6 was apparently NOT the reason we were able to see the content. The bad news is that we cannot determine what setting actually did enable us to view the content yesterday (tinkering with the setting worked yesterday, today it does not).

We are a solutions provider for a government agency and are running into numerous group policy issues - as a result any policy updates that occur tend to kill the SLK features first.

Is there a specific set of security settings that need to be enabled/disabled/prompt in IE 6 to allow SLK content to be displayed?
Dec 13, 2006 at 3:22 PM
OK, we've now found a proven way to make the Solitaire and any other SLK content load display. When the page initially hangs, if we change any one of the advanced options in IE6 the content displays! I emphasize, simply by toggling any of the options under the advanced tabs will cause the page to load with no trouble.

Wow. We're stumped to say the least.
Dec 14, 2006 at 3:18 PM
Is there a log file that I can use to see more of what's happening when this error happens?