Does 1.1 language pack only translate the AssigmentWebPart texts?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 16, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Hi,
I had installed Sharepoint Learning Kit 1.3.0.2 and I needed to work with the SLK in spanish.
Since I found that there were not language packs available for the mentioned version, I upgraded to the 1.3.1 alpha version and deployed the 1.1 language pack.
However, the only thing I view translated into spanish is the assigment web part (its rows and columns' names). The "e-learning action" context menu continues to appear in english, as well as the page that is displayed by this action.
Is this the expected behaviour?
Thanks and regards,

murallita
May 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Hi, i have the same problem,the result is the same as the mentionated by the companion "murallita": only translates the assigment web part but the pages displayed  by "e-learning action" menu continues displayed in english.

I've used the language pack generated by myself for the 1.2 release following the documentation with the translated files (post : http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=27787) . I've generated the solution and deployed it, also i've updated the slksettings using the "slksettings file" generated on the Application Managment at Central Administration sharepoint learning kit menu.

Thanks,

JHenao
May 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM
Hi,
I've tried the language pack in an environment with MOSS 2007 installed in english with Spanish Language Pack (and Language Pack sp1). The "e-learning action" menu option continues to appear in english, but the subsequent pages are now translated into spanish.
Hope this comment helps if anybody else faces this issue.
Regards,
murallita
May 20, 2008 at 9:55 PM
Hi,
I've tried the language pack in an environment with MOSS 2007 installed in english with Spanish Language Pack (and Language Pack sp1). The "e-learning action" menu option continues to appear in english, but the subsequent pages are now translated into spanish.
Hope this comment helps if anybody else faces this issue.
Regards,
murallita