cmi.core.student_id is just an autonumber?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Hi

Great product.

Using version 1.5.2

When using scorm 1.2 to connect to Questionmark Perception Assessment tool, the cmi.core.student_id that is passed appears to be just an Auto Number, 1, 2 ,3 4 etc for each new user that is assigned a course? The cmi.core.student_name is passed through fine with no problems.

How can I get the cmi.core.student_id to be the employees domain name? (DOMAINNAME\LOGINNAME)

Where does it get the auto numbered cmi.core.student_id from?

Example:

I need DOMAINNAME\LOGINNAME

And not the 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, which makes it impossible to match to an employee.

lastly:

Do we need to prepopulate a table inside of SLK in SQL with all of the required employee details, would that help?

Regards

Josua

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The ID refers to the UserItem table in the SLK database. There's no option to make it the domain name. In version 1.6 there is a linked table UserItemSite which give you the SPUser.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Edited Jan 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hi Richard

Thanks for responding.

Basically I am looking for a variable to be passed in scorm , that will allow me to link to employee data.

In regards to the UserItem table in SQL, should I prepopulate this table with employee details that I would require?

Or/Also

The cmi.core.student_name is currently passing the "NAME" value from Sharepoint, is it possible to change this to "ACCOUNT" or "USER NAME" which are pre existing in Sharepoint 2010. This would allow for the proper details to be passed to the Scorm compliant tool

Or alternatively the cmi.core.student_id needs to linked to the Sharepoint 2010 "USER NAME", which makes more sense than using an ID from the UserItem table that is not linked to anything.

Regards

Josua

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Not without code changes to SLK.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Don't try to prepopulate the table, it gets populated whenever an instructor makes an assignment if there's anyone new. The key can be tricky to get correct and you may end of with duplicates in there.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi Richard

(The scale of what we are looking at is 30 000 employees, so a uique id is required.)

http://slk.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/e1ae19e0af2b

The above link I believe is for the source code of 1.5.2, I am planning to edit the cmi.learner_name to be the domain user account details.

Can I do that using the source code above?

Regards

Josua

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I don't see why not.