Missing 'Grading Page'

Topics: User Forum
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I have 1.5.2 installed and working.  I have learners and instuctors assigned and permissions granted.  I can assign myself a course and complete it and get back a score.  Somehow I cannot locate the "Grading Page" or grading web part shown on page 17 of the 'GettingStarted.pdf'.  I am Vexed.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Hi,

Only instructors can view the grading page. You'll need to put the assignment list web part on a site where you have instructor permissions and then the links will take you to the grading page.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the helpful response!  Does your answer imply that a learner cannot also be an instructor for the same site because the WebPart will not beable to discern if it is suppose to be in Assignments Mode or Grading Mode?

-Will

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM

A single user can be a learner and instructor on a single site in that they can be assigned to and also assign themselves. However, the ALWP will only show assignments in their role as instructor. You can of course put the ALWP on another page and set it to show assignments across all sites to pick up the ones as a learner.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

UPDATE:

I have two site groups for my main site (top level site):

1. Site Group: WWW_Learner |
    • Permission Level: SLK Learner
    • 1 member (test student account)
  2. Site Group: WWW_Instructor |
    • Permission Lever: SLK Instructor
    • 1 member (me)

I have the My Assignments Web Part installed on a sub-site (Education and Training)

With the above configuation, logged in as myself (instructor) the assignment web part always displays the "My Assignments" mode.  There must be something fundamental I am missing.

Thanks for the help!

- Will

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Does the Education and Training site inherit permissions or have unique permissions? If there's no SLK permissions on a site, then the ALWP defaults to the learner view.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM

"However, the ALWP will only show assignments in their role as instructor. You can of course put the ALWP on another page and set it to show assignments across all sites to pick up the ones as a learner. -Richard"

From your comment above I am now understanding (correct or not) that I need two sites.  One for learners and one for instructors.  The learner site will have ALWP on it and will be normal.  The instructor site will have ALWP on it and ALWP setting: "Show only This Site's Assignments" needs to be unchecked.  With all that in mind I have created two sites and set them up accordingly (see below).  My account is a member of the "RES_Instructors" SharePoint Group given "SLK Instructor" permissions on both sites.  I still cannot get the ALWP to show grading mode.

Education Site is for learners and has the ALWP on the home page.
ALWP Show only This Site's Assignments [checked]

Education Site Permissions (unique permissions)
Research Intranet Members SharePoint Group Contribute
Research Intranet Owners SharePoint Group Full Control
Research Intranet Visitors SharePoint Group Read
RES\res_education&training Domain Group Contribute
RES_Instructors SharePoint Group SLK Instructor
RES_Learner SharePoint Group SLK Learner
System Account (SHAREPOINT\system) User Limited Access
Viewers SharePoint Group View Only

Gradebook Site is for instructors and has the ALWP on the home page.
ALWP Show only This Site's Assignments [unchecked]

Gradebook Site Permissions (unique permissions)
Research Intranet Members SharePoint Group Contribute
Research Intranet Owners SharePoint Group Full Control
Research Intranet Visitors SharePoint Group Read
RES\res_education&training Domain Group Contribute
RES_Instructors SharePoint Group SLK Instructor
RES_Learner SharePoint Group SLK Learner
System Account (SHAREPOINT\system) User Limited Access
Viewers SharePoint Group View Only

Thank you for your help on this!

- Will

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Have you tried clicking on the assignment links on the instructor site?