We deployed the Hungarian SLK pack, added the new webpart to a page. The webpart still displays English strings (contrary to all expectations ). Do you have experience in deploying language packs (especially Hungarian version)? Is there any step-by-step deploy
instruction available? What are we doing wrong? Thank you!
I had a similar problem installing spanish language pack. In my case the problem was that my SLK Site wasn't
http://localhost, and this is the url used in UpdateSLKSettings.bat for updatting the XML file that contains the texts showed in the web part.
The complete procedure is:
- Copy the folder that corresponds to the LP you want to install
- Run AddSolution from that folder
- Run DeploySolution
- Run EnumSolutions until it shows "DeploymentSucceded" as the result for the last operation
- Edit UpdateSLKSettings.bat and check that the URL corresponds to the site where you deployed SLK (in my case the right URL was http://localhost:84)
- Save and Run UpdateSLKSettings
- Also I reviewed the regional configuration of the SLK site to ensure that it corresponds with the language of the LP.
Hope this helps,