ValidadePackage error

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 14, 2006 at 12:40 PM
Hi,

I compiled the sample of beta1 SLK; ValidadePackage. Compile went allright, in the debug directory I added the two DLL's needed, but when selecting a scorm package I get the error that the DLL is missing. What can be wrong? I'am running Vista, can that be a problem?

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.LearningComponents.Compression, Version=1.0.729.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=abc4ed181d6d6a94' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'Microsoft.LearningComponents.Compression, Version=1.0.729.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=abc4ed181d6d6a94' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.ExplodeZipIfNeeded()
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.get_FsPackageReader() in c:\dev\Juma10\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:line 1591
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.FileExists(String filePath) in c:\dev\Juma10\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:line 1775
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageReader packageReader) in c:\dev\Juma10\Src\LearningComponents\Validator.cs:line 403
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageReader packageReader, PackageValidatorSettings packageValidatorSettings) in c:\dev\Juma10\Src\LearningComponents\Validator.cs:line 368
at ValidatePackage.ValidatePackage.ValidateSelectedPackage()
at ValidatePackage.ValidatePackage.packageListBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The DLL are for sure in the same directory.

thanks in advance,

Remco Ploeg

Dec 21, 2006 at 9:11 AM
This sample works on Vista for me. So may be this has to do with the environment. Investigating for common FileLoadException problems (a similar named dll in the system, culture settings etc) or tracking the assembly load process might help?
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:39 PM
I am having this issue with ValidatePackage. Any idea on what might be causing this?