Preview Mode(with no Tracking) of a certain Package in MLC

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 21, 2006 at 6:52 AM
Hi there,

I have created an application based on MLC schema...it has "Training Managers"(TM's) and "Learners"...TM's can upload a package,create an assignment and enroll it to certain group of "Learners"...and learners can begin the training...so far so good its working....in addition to that I have to add a feature in which TM's can also preview the uploaded package....and I dono how can I implement this...!!
So is there any mode of MLC in which no attempt is created and only a certain package is previewed(wid no tracking) by giving its path to Frameset of something like that!!!
If yes then how?
Please reply ASAP.You ppl's help will really appreciated...thankx

Regards,
Ali
Dec 21, 2006 at 10:30 AM
After digging a bit more in da code of Learning Components I came to know dat Preview mode of SessionView isn't implemented yet in Beta1...is it true? if yes den is there any work around for this or i have to wait for future releases!!!:(
more over I tried "Random access" view mode as well and its giving me an error "Random access view is not supported in this application."!!!
Dec 22, 2006 at 5:26 AM
Hi Ali,

Preview functionality has been cut out from SLK's V1 release. As mentioned in this other related thread, http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ForumId=187&ThreadId=2281, you can simulate this feature in your application by (programatically) creating an attempt for view and later deleting it, as a workaround.

If you would like to add the 'preview' feature to MLC, we can discuss initial design alternatives and implementation details to get started.

RandomAccess view is implemented in MLC. The BasicWebPlayer sample application does not support RandomAccess view, but the MLC APIs do. SLK, for instance, uses the RandomAccess view for its Grading feature.

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:43 AM
Thanks vandana:)....I did almost the same thing and added preview feature programatically by creating new attempt for Training Manager...and den delete it