reviewing submitted assignments

Topics: User Forum
Jul 3, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Hi,

Ive successfully installed the alpha slk 1.3.1 and so far its working great, the only issue we have is that regardless what content creator we use, we are unable to review the submitted assignment.

It scores correctly but the ability to be able to review the students answers is definately a must.

Iv seen several other people having this problem using the 1.3.0.1 and 1.3.1 alpha version, and as far as i can see there has been no resolution.

this is the last bug we have to overcome.

if anyone can help i would appreciate it.
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM
We are having the same problem.

I can review students answers to the Solitair sample OK.
But quizes I have created with both Articulate Quizmaker and Wondershare Quizcreator only open in the normal quiz entry mode when I open them for grading.

The students can review their answers OK before they submit their test. And I can set it so they are prompted to send an email that shows the answers they submitted.

However, whilst their final scores are correctly shown for those ready to grade, I cannot review them to see their specific answers.

I have tried publishing the quizzes as both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 but it made no difference

Edit: We looked inside the db and could find the answers submitted by students, so they are being saved. It is just the SLK not opening the quiz in review mode AFAICS
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Is there a solution in the meantime?
Mar 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM
Any News?
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2009 at 12:05 AM
I'm hoping that this will be covered by the work IT Worx are undertaken detailed in http://slk.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=48974.

Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Mar 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Fine! We're looking forward to work with SLK.

Reviewing assignments would be an essential feature. Could it be that it's not working if Course Manager is not installed?

Making it easier to deploy SLK would be a great help. At the moment the paths in the batch files don't match in some environments. This is far away from a userfriendly installation/deployment!

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Review has got nothing to do with Course Manager.

Can you give examples of the paths in the batch files not being correct?
Mar 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Thanks!

SPDIR="c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12"

Apart from non-english Win-installations, where "program files\common files" is not valid: the path to stsadm is not unique all over the world.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM
Does

SPDIR="%commonprogramfiles%\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12"

work?

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Yes - atleast cd %commonprogramfiles%\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12 works.

There are problems with the site:

"The page does not exist

Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM
What page does not exist in which site?