Importing IMS QTI files

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 7, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Does SharePoint have the ability to import IMS QTI files?

We are considering an alternative to CourseLab and are looking into using Respondus to create quizzes. However, I get the following error message when I upload the Respondus Introduction to SharePoint. I used the one that was created by Respondus and saved as QTI XML zip file using IMS Content Packaging 1.1.3. When I upload and assign, this is the error message that SharePoint gives me:

Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
(hide details...)
• An element, <resource>, is invalid because it is illegal or has illegal attribute values. Extra information: A resource that belongs to an activity must have a type attribute set to "webcontent", an adlcp:scormType attribute set to "sco" or "asset", and a valid href attribute. <resource identifier="RESOURCE1" type="imsqti_xmlv1p1" href="RespondusIntroduction2.xml" xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1">

Respondus doesn't give the option to save as SCORM nor does it give the option to package for SharePoint. We are looking for an alternative to CourseLab because it is too difficult for faculty to use.

Aside from that, we have discovered that no matter which quizzing application we use (Courselab, QuizCreator, etc.), SharePoint will allow the student to restart a quiz with a fresh time limit as long as they haven't hit the submit button, which encourages cheating.

Will this be resolved by Fall 08 and does SharePoint have the ability to import IMS QTI files? If not, does anyone know of any alternatives to CourseLab?