SLK DEMO - Its not working

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Hi,

I have downloaded the VPC images available on this site for SLK Demo onto my Windows XP professional. However when I ran the image, I found that it doesnt have WSS configured on it. So when I tried to install it via the "Configure your server Wizard", it is asking me for the CDs?

Has anyone downloaded these virtual images and tried it out?

Thanks,
-Chandra
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Chandra,

You have to build the demo yourself; for this you need to install SQL Server Express, Some flavor of SharePoint and the SLK on top of it. You will surely need some expertise with these technologies.

Regards
Jul 16, 2008 at 5:57 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Ricalo wrote:
Chandra,

You have to build the demo yourself; for this you need to install SQL Server Express, Some flavor of SharePoint and the SLK on top of it. You will surely need some expertise with these technologies.

Regards

Hi Ricalo,

thank you for responding. I can certainly download WSS 3.0 from the WWW or create my own virtual image of Win2K3 which has WSS 3.0 configured along with SQL Server Express on it. However, the point is, the idea behind allowing people to download virtual images from this site meant (at least to me) that it had all the ingredients needed to install SLK and use it for learning or demo purposes.

I can do the SQL Express install and the SLK but I would have imagined WSS 3.0 to be configured as part of that Win2K3 virtual image on this site. :(

Regards,
-Chandra