Save options

Topics: User Forum
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Hello,

I downloaded and installed the SLK a long time ago and I haven't messed with it much.  At the time I couldn't find a good course creation tool.  Now it seems like there are several avaliable and at least three that I have found that are free; CourseLab, LCDS and Grava.  Now I'm testing out the SLK again but I'm basically still really new to it.  What I would like to know is if anyone has been able to save grade results, user info, date completed, etc. to a SharePoint list.  We have a lot of other training that we track in a list and only about 40% of our course records require testing, or an assignment that would be graded.  It looks like SLK is designed to keep everything in a SQL db table, but I would prefer to keep all training records in one list.  Is this possible with the SLK?  If so, how does that work.

Thanks,
Eric
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM
AFAIK, the SLK will only work with a database. It would require quite an effort to migrate the storage to sharepoint lists. Before trying this I'd try to use the BDC to "surface" the db content.
With BDC you can make this info available to search, lists and other MOSS features.
Hope this helps.