Flustrating Install

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 22, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Hi,
 I'm fairly new to administering a Sharepoint site, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to get the kit installed in an SBS 2003 environment and am coming across one problem after another. Why does the install require 30 pages of instructions? Isn't that a little ridiculous? Shouldn't it be as simple as installing one the 40 templates? I don't understand why it's so complex.
Anyways, I'm at the point of now trying to set up Database Access, Page 9. It says:
Note: In the Configure Office SharePoint Training steps above, if you created a new database you will need . . .
My application pool account for the SharePoint site is: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, with User Mapping as: SharePointTrainingKit dbo dbo ...
What should I do now? How should I add the correct Logins?
Thanks,
Mark
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:50 PM
I have a Windows Home Server (stripped down version of SBS) and had no problem installing version 1.2.0 (I will install 1.3.1 next week if I manage to get some time off).
I imagine you can't assign permissions to the NT Authority\Network Service account, when I'm working in a domain I use the format domain\computername$ to assign permissions to the network service account. Really not sure about this but you could try yourcomputer\computername$.
Don't have access to my environment right now so I can't validate.
Jul 25, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Thanks for replying.

What I've done is changed the application pool for the collection to myserver\administrator, restarted IIS, mapped the learningstore to the database user myserver\administrator, and completed the rest of the steps.
But when I click on the Learner Site, I'm just getting the, Get Started and More Resources, nothing else.
The Administrator Site shows the Content List full of content, and the Learner Site show all my domain users as members with Read control.
It looks like everything is working correctly, except that no content is being displayed on the Learner Site.