When will 1.3.1 RTM

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 29, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Release 1.3.1 is required for the Course Manager add-on,  this release is still in Alpha and has been for quite a while.

When will the RTM be released?   Schools have now broken up for the Summer and teachers are planning for next year!

Can you also advise on the roadmap for this as you have code drops for 1.3.2 and 1.3.5 all in Alpha.   Will these be supported or just 1.3.1 ?  It is very difficult to schedule/plan any kind of deployment strategy with the information available.

Urgent response to this would be very welcome.

Andrew
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:29 AM
1.3.1 will be RTMed.  The changes planned for 1.3.5 (localization) have been folded into 1.3.1 so I will be removing the 1.3.5 Alpha from the release plans.

1.3.2 is for the drop box work.  There are no dates for when this will release -- I integrated a patch to 1.3.0 provided by a community member that added drop box functionality to 1.3.0, that's as far as it got.

The two top most features requested by SLK users are drop box support and firefox support.  As resource becomes available, we'll work towards these features but there are no schedules or dates on them at this time.
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:29 AM
Thanks Jay,

Do you have a date for 1.3.1 RTM?

Will the Web Part settings change as for 1.3.1 Alpha it still uses the 1.3.0.2 version?

Andrew
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM

1.3.1 is in release candidate which means I'm not intending on making any more code changes.  At this point our release procedure is that once three community members have installed, tested, and signed off on the build we'll move it to RTM.  A basic set of tests can be found here:

http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Build%20Validation%20Tests

- jcb

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Thanks Jay,

We have deployed the RC1 code into our proving environment and will run through the tests defined for build validation tomorrow morning.

I will feedback our results here.

Andrew