"//learner" contains illegal character '/'.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM
New MOSS administrator here.  I have configured the SLK module and it looks fine, but whenever I try to launch one of the modules, I get the error message, ""//learner" contains illegal character '/'. ".  Anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Tim
Aug 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 11:20 PM
I haven't heard of it before.  Can you give more detail on your installation and where the error occurs?
Aug 26, 2008 at 11:30 PM
I have two load balanced web servers, an application server, and two SQL servers that are clustered. The installation went fine using the installation instructions provided with the kit.
The problem begins when going to the Learner Site and you expand any of the options, such as Collaboration, then click on any training module link to start the training. A new window pops open with the error message: "//learner" contains illegal character '/'.
It doesn't matter if I am logged in as an administrator or just a general user.
Aug 27, 2008 at 1:30 PM
I finally figured out what was wrong with my setup.  We were trying to install the SLK at the root of a website that we had created (http://learnsharepoint.blah.blah.com).  We had to add a sub-site (we named it /learning) and installed the kit there.  Once we did that, everything loaded without any problems.  Hope that helps you guys out a bit.

Thanks,
Tim