SLK Sites Managment

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 6, 2008 at 2:50 PM
Is there any way to manage the sites that appear when one is assigning an e-learning action?  We currently have 5 'localized' SharePoint sites, each featuring an SLK 'My Assignments' webpart.  Each local site has a specific group of learners... so when an instructor makes an assignment, we simply click on which 'site' and can easily select all the learners of that site.  However, two things are making me scratch my head.

1.  We have moved the SLK wepbart to a sub-site (Germany - Quiz, Brazil - Quiz, etc...) and it's easy enough to add these new sites to the list--but how do I remove the old ones?  The only thing I can think of is to remove all sites, clear the system and start from scratch, but there must be a more eloquent way to 'remove' a site from the list.

2.  Once all the new sites have been added for Instructor A... they are not replicated for Instructor B.  Must each instructor add the sites manually?  Or is there a way to set up a 'master' site list that all instructors reference?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Baden
This SharePoint / SLK stuff... it sort of has been taking over my life this year.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Hi Baden,

1.   I'm looking at removing sites from the list myself now and I can't see anything in the API which does it. It looks like removing them all from the database is the most eloquent way at the moment.

2.   There's no master list that all instructors reference. However there is a utility in the SDK samples which adds to the list from an excel file. It might be helpful to you. It's located at Slk\Samples\AddToUserWebLists in the SDK.

Regards,
Richard

SalamanderSoft Limited
http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk
Active Directory & SharePoint provisioning