Content Manager: asp:ScriptManager error

Topics: User Forum
Aug 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM
I've installed the excellent Content Manager onto my testing SharePoint environment and all worked well.

However on my live environment I've run into some problems: first I had to upgrade my version of the SLK (fine) and then needed to install .NET 3.5 (also seemed fine). I've now got the Content Manager installation to work and I've added my first webpart which contains the links to the Plan and Assign and Monitor and Assess pages but when I click either of these two links I get the error message "An error occurred during the processing of . Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. "

That obviously sounds like an AJAX issue so I then noticed that my testing environment had the ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX extensions 1.0 installed so I tried installing that on my live environement. That didn't fix the problem and I now think that it sounds like AJAX is built into .NET 3.5 so I needn't have bothered with that anyway? So something else is wrong somewhere.

Anyone with any ideas?

The only thing I noticed different about the installations apart from the pre-requisites was that when configuring the Content Manager Database in central admin on my live environment, when I entered a site and database name and clicked OK I returned to the same page after a pause (the db was created) wheras on my testing enviornment I seemed to go to a "Configuration Complete" page after the pause.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:22 PM
I found the problem...I needed to add the AJAX 3.5 settings for the web.config file manually (I guess because it wasn't installed when SharePoint was first installed).

Useful details on sections here: http://jchung2007.blogspot.com/2008/04/aspnet-ajax-35-webconfig-for-net-35.html and in the SLK CM manual.