SLK Database Permissions

Topics: User Forum
Aug 21, 2008 at 3:43 AM

Hi,

I am having trouble with permissions in my deployment of SLK.

Basically, everything gets installed nicely but only works for the Domain Administrator account - only Domain Admin can see the the web part and e-learning screens after making a document an e-learning assignment.

I have been into the SLK database and added a typical domain user account and was able to add them into a course but then they still couldn't see the web part.

It appears to be a permissions issue related to the SLK database - does anyone have instructions for what accounts should be in the SLK database, what roles, what schemas?

To start with I just added 2 accounts - Moss SSP1 service account and Moss Sharepoint service account - are there any others that need to be added? What settings do they need in the database?

Here is the error message I get in our SharePoint server application log: 

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    Windows SharePoint Services 3

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              0

Date:                     21/08/2008

Time:                     9:20:51 AM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          APOLLO

Description:

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14 ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040E14): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurableObjectImpl.get_AllRolesForCurrentUser()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_AllRolesForCurrentUser()

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.IsInstructor(SPWeb spWeb)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.EnsureInstructor(SPWeb spWeb)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetNewAssignmentDefaultProperties(SPWeb destinationSPWeb, String location, Nullable`1 organizationIndex, SlkRole slkRole, LearningStoreXml& packageWarnings)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)