Assignment Shows for Instructor but not for Learner....Why?

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:39 PM
I have assigned a task to a class group and submitted this.  The assignment shows for the Instructor but does not for the learner.  Is there something I am missing that would allow for the learner to be able to see the assignment?
Sep 11, 2008 at 10:12 AM
OK so nobody intends responding to my initial post, perhaps if I explain a little further.

I have a test that I have allocated to a member of staff, clicked on the file and selected e-learning actions.  I then pick a class to assign this to and chose a student from that class and submitted the assignement to that student.  The assignment correctly appears on the staff members "My Learning" but when you log in as a student (SLK Learner/Read Permissions) nothing appears in the "To Do" list.

Does anyone else have this issue or have experienced this issue?

regards

Chris Tidswell

Network Manager

Failsworth School

Brierley Avenue

Failsworth

Manchester

M35 9HA

cti@failsworthlg.co.uk
Sep 12, 2008 at 11:21 AM
I have seen this is a development environment.

We did not work around or attempt to resolve,  we just dropped the database and recreated and it worked. 

Could this be an issue with db versions?

Andrew
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I had a look at this with Chris and we tracked it down to the fact that the webpart was on a different site to the one the assignment was assigned to. To resolve it we unchecked the webpart property to limit the assignments to the site only.

Richard
SalamanderSoft Limited
http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk
Active Directory & SharePoint provisioning<o:p></o:p>

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Many thanks for your time and effort Richard, very much appreciated.  A dot in the wrong place, a zero instead of an O, a checked box that should be unchecked ....... isn't IT a wonderful thing!!