AssignmentListWebPart.webpart in new Site Collection

Topics: User Forum
Jan 12, 2007 at 6:16 PM
Hi all,(sorry for my english)
when i build a new Site Collection, i active SharePointLearningKit from MY SITE but is impossible to see the

"Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart",...why???

THX

Jan 16, 2007 at 11:07 PM

If the webpart doesn't show up even when SLK has been activated on the site in question, it could be that the deployment of the solution is broken for some reason. This could happen for instance in a situation where say, SharePoint is upgraded and the upgrade breaks the SLK deployment.
It might therefore help to check if the solution deployment is in place (by using the slkadm tool or the SharePoint Central Admin page) and troubleshoot it or just trying to re-deploy the solution if your setup allows for it.
Jan 18, 2007 at 3:49 AM
For my case, I created a new site collection (wss 3.0) for development using port 82. I couldn't find the AssignmentListWebPart either.
When I check the web.config file at the folder C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\82,there was no registration for SLK. So, I copied the following line from web.config of default site collection(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80) and paste at the port 82 web.config within <SafeControl> tab. And, It works.
<SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=abc4ed181d6d6a94" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />