Unable to build 1.6 beta in vs2010

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I have tried to build the latest source of 1.6 beta   "slk_aab159276581"  for SLKdll in vs2010 but what ever I try I get errors and warnings. Warnings are to overcome, but in partical Error 5 is very persistent. I get the same error for properties/Appresources in project SlkDll. I tried several suggestions found on Codeplex and on the internet e.g removing the duplicate item or the only item from the projectfile does not help. But if I succeed to get rid of this error by removing and adding the resource files, I have 5 to 10 other errors. Solving these errors always leaves me if error 5 for project Slkdll. Can anybody please suggest how to get this build done without errors.  By the way the project builds in vs2008.

Error 5 The item "LearningStore\LearningStoreStrings.Designer.cs" was specified more than once in the "Sources" parameter.  Duplicate items are not supported by the "Sources" parameter. Storage

May 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM

After a lot of trial and error, I found that relocating all resource files to the property map and replacing links of resource files by a copy and changing several namespaces e.g. source to microsoft.sharepointlearnerkit.source the skldll project build without an error.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I don't suppose you could post your changes? I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts!
Jul 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Like me.

I found a build (not source) for VS2010, but I cant find de source code for download adapted to that version.
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I compile using msbuild at the command line.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk