Prevent Students From Checking Assignments Out to Themselves

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM
Is there anyway that I can prevent students from assigning other courses from the Shared Document's area to themselves?  Basically I want them to only take classes that I assign them.  Actually, if I could prevent them from viewing the Shared Documents folder all together, that would be even better.
Sep 11, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Hi Sean,

Have your studentes the professor role? It they haven´t that role, they can´t assign any course.
Sep 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM

The user account is only a student, but if the click on Shared Documents, then click on the arrow to the right of one of the courses, then E Learn Actions, they have the choice of Use it Myself:

Use it myself Assign this learning resource to yourself. The assignment will appear with all your other assignments.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Hi Sean,

The assignments do not need to be in the same site as you assign them to, they just need to be on a site which has the SLK feature enabled. The students do not need any permissions on this site at all. When assigning from the site by clicking on e-learning actions, just choose a site the student has read and SLK learner permissions on.

I haven't tried this, but by the same logic you should be able to remove all permissions from the Shared Documents apart from yourself.

Richard
SalamanderSoft Limited
http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk
Active Directory & SharePoint provisioning