Way to automatically update assigned learners for course?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 26, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I have configured SLK and added a new site in Sharepoint.  A Sharepoint group was created to provide Learner permissions to the site. An Active Directory group containing multiple users was added to the new Sharepoint group. I have added multiple courses to the site. When each course was added, the current members of the Active Directory group that should have Learner rights appeared in the list to assign the course to. When adding each course, I selected All Learners in the Distribute the Assignment section. So far so good. The current members of that AD group can see and access the course. The problem is that whenever a new person joins our team and they are added to the AD group, they do not get the courses assigned to them. I have to go in and edit each course assignment and check off their name. Is there any way to automate this process, so that any time someone is added to an AD group that has Learner rights to an SLK site, they are automatically assigned the courses on that site? I currently have 28 courses on the site and it is really time consuming to edit each and every course whenever a new person starts. I want to allow all users in our organization to take the training.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jul 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Hello Joe,

have you ever found a Solution for that?

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Currently SLK assigns to individuals not to groups. The groups are just a convenience for selecting multiple users.

You can let the users self assign.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Can you please comment on how a user can self-assign?

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Is there any way to update the differential AD users without having to click inside the assignment? We have 12 different assignments within 8 different sites. It is taking 10+ minutes to edit each assignment. Is there any other quicker option?

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:22 AM

according to customers needs,

our company have developed a sync process which automate the assignments given to new users.

the sync processs is running nightly for an hour and updates all assignments according to site permissions and XML rules.

if you would like to know more detaild, please write me to razis@highskills.co.il

as for the long waiting:

basically it has to do with the number of the users assign to a specific site, above 1000 per site becomes slow - avoid it.

a huge improvment would be to comile and install SLK on 64-bit enviroment.