Codeplex SLK and Microsoft eLearning Courses

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 1, 2008 at 2:06 PM
Hi all,

I installed the SharePoint Learning Kit to my System and put it in a Webpart of my Site.
Now i want to use it for Microsoft eLearning courses. I downloaded them from Mircosoft, but when I put the upload the .zip files to my system and want to activate them as "elearning actions" i get following error:

"The learning resource is a draft. If you assign it, learners may lose access to it once it is published or approved. 
 Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
The required attribute, href, is missing on element <resource>. Extra information:The resource node is missing the required attribute, 'href' "

What is the Problem and how can i fix that?

With regards
Hülsmann

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:09 PM
The file that you trying to assign needs to be checked in and published as major version prior to assigning it.

You can safely ignore the part about the href required attribute being missing. It's technically not required. The SLK is a bit too strict in its interpretation of the standard on this. The package will still work fine in spite of this message.
Mar 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Hi Can you please give the steps how you uploded the content

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Hi Vamsi,

You just upload it into the document library like any other document.

Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Mar 30, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Hi Richards

Thank you.  Still I am unable to understand. When I download the content, it is creating 4 folders @ D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Element K\Offline Course Player. ( Folder Names  App, contents,html and user).  please guide me which once I have to zip and upload

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi Challa

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM
What content have you downloaded? Can you give a link please.
May 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Hi Richard.

Thanks  for your reply.. I was outof station

And I have downloaded SCORM content from  MVLS site for Applications and Systems.  Uploaded  all .zip file and working fine

I am trying to convert the Course material for Servers ( By default Microsoft will not give SCORM  content for Servers).  I have downloaded the contet from E-learning   and using with  Microsoft E-learning Offline Player. Is there any way  to convert this material into SCORM compatible and use it in SLK?

Thanks & Regards

Vamsi Challa

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Hi Vamshi,

I have been trying to install the Microsoft e-learning material you get part of Software Assurance with no success. I actually get the content installed and it does run, but some graphics are missing. When I upload a new course I get the error "

Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
(hide details...)

The required attribute, href, is missing on element <resource>. Extra information:The resource node is missing the required attribute, 'href'

Is there a way to mak ethis content work correctly?

Thanks

Shane