Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Assignment list not found / listed after slk installed and activated.
Oct 9, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Go to Site Actions --> Site Settings --> Modify All Site Settings.

Under Galleries, Select Web Parts.

Click New.

Find Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart

Check the box next to it, and click Populate Gallery.

Now you should see it in your Web Parts.
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM
What if I don't see Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart when I click New? I thought the install went ok. I was able to even import and start the Solitaire demo. But I don't see the Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart in teh gallery and it does not appear on New.
Nov 14, 2008 at 10:01 PM
I have exactly the same problem...."Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart" is not one of the choices on the list.

Can we do an Upload? If so, does anyone know the name of the file?

TIA
Nov 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I had this problem and I went through the following check and it then appeared:
1.  Be sure that you deployed the solution to the correct site and collection, i.e., the ".cmd" files need to be altered to specify the correct site information, i.e. "http://Dev3:3335" instead of localhost...
2.  Be certain to run "EnumSolutions" to verify the solution was added.  Essentially, follow "getting started" document 3.2.1
3.  When looking for the WebPart be certain that you are at the "top level" of the website.  It will not be visible to propagate on sub-sites.  But, once propagated you will be able to use it on any part of the site.

Hope this helps,  I struggled for a while.  But got it to work in the end.
Gus
Nov 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM
thanks, That fixed my problem. I edited the "deploysolution.cmd" file.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:58 PM, LISpeedyG <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I had this problem and I went through the following check and it then appeared:
1. Be sure that you deployed the solution to the correct site and collection, i.e., the ".cmd" files need to be altered to specify the correct site information, i.e. "http://Dev3:3335" instead of localhost...
2. Be certain to run "EnumSolutions" to verify the solution was added. Essentially, follow "getting started" document 3.2.1
3. When looking for the WebPart be certain that you are at the "top level" of the website. It will not be visible to propagate on sub-sites. But, once propagated you will be able to use it on any part of the site.

Hope this helps, I struggled for a while. But got it to work in the end.
Gus

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com