Microsoft SCORM Content Publishing Issue

Topics: User Forum
Oct 14, 2008 at 2:03 PM
When I try to assign Micrsoft SCORM courses to the training site I get the following first

Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
(hide details...)
The required attribute, href, is missing on element <resource>. Extra information:The resource node is missing the required attribute, 'href'

then I ignore as per other post and I get the following error on the create an assignment page

Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
 An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log.

I am running MOSS 2007 and the solitaire test works fine also if assign to myself I can access the content

any ideas?
Oct 14, 2008 at 2:20 PM
More information

SharePoint Learning Kit Error System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryObjectNotFoundException: The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted. at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DomainGroupUtilities.EnumerateDomainGroup(String groupName, TimeSpan timeout) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.EnumerateDomainGroupMembers(SPWeb spWeb, SPUser domainGroup, Boolean isInstructor, Boolean isLearner, List`1 groupFailuresList, StringBuilder groupFailureDetailsBuilder, Dictionary`2 instructorsByUserKey, Dictionary`2 learnersByUserKey, Dictionary`2 users, List`1 learnerKeys, List`1 learnerGroups, DateTime startTime) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.<>c__DisplayClass6.<GetMemberships>b__5() at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetMemberships(SPWeb spWeb, IEnumerable`1 additionalInstructors, IEnumerable`1 additionalLearners, ReadOnlyCollection`1& groupFailures, String& groupFailureDetails) at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.get_SlkMembers() at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.SetAssignmentProperties() at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

The server is a domain controller
Oct 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Hi,

i get the same errors like you. But i can start the course as a learner, but the functionality isnt given. Some pictures etc. dont come up, when it loads.
Did i get it right, you also downloaded Microsoft eLearning courses from MVLS?

In a documentary of Mircosoft it is said, that you have to change the encoding of the "imsmanifest.xml" to ansi, instead of "UTF-8".
When i change it, it doenst work at all, it sais: 
"The learning resource is not valid. The package contains a manifest that contains badly formed XML.".
Have you tested it with the change?

Please let us know, how to fix it!

With regards
Hülsmann

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to keep this thread going as I am also affected by this error.  MS E-learning imports with the same errors but cannot view images while doing learning.  Solitaire demo app works fine.

Windows 2003 SP2
SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1
SLK 1.3.0.2

I attempted to add 8 different e-learning modules (5443 to 5450).

The required attribute, href, is missing on element <resource>. Extra information:The resource node is missing the required attribute, 'href'

Is there a way to turn on more detailed debugging so i can see exactly what XML file and what line is affecting this?  I assume it is the imsmanifest.xml however it appears to be valid XML when viewing it in ZIP.
Oct 23, 2008 at 11:45 PM
Just a little update.  I don't think i did anything but install Shockwave and the flash plug-ins and it is all working for me.  I was looking at the media files and i saw that some were swf files and i realized i had not installed these active X controls. 

If you are having similar issues, don't forget this!

Nathan
Oct 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Hmm…

I installed Adobe Shockwave Player and Adobe Flash Player, but it does not work for me! Still some images and the navigation at the bottom don’t come up!

Tested with Course: “7341” Groove

I Got:

SLK 1.3.0.2

Windows 2003 SP2
SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Hi everybody out there!

It still doesnt work for me, and i got no idea left...(Cannot view images and menu bar at the bottom of the Microsoft E-Learning Courses)
Andbody has an idea for me?

I Got:
Windows 2003 Server SP2
SLK 1.3.0.2
Internet Explorer 7
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Shockwave Player 11
.Net Framework from 2.0 to 3.0 with the SP1 for each one
SQL Server 2005
-Sharepoint Service 3.0 isnt listed in the Software, but truely installed
- All Windows Updates

PLEAASE
Nov 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a similar problem.
I get the same messages the original OP has.

Moreover, I can get to assign packages, with out any problems.
I can browse through the assignment, hear sound, etc....
What is happening is that the controls at the bottom are not responding.

They are highlinted, but nothing comes up.

I installed Shockware player on tmy client desktop as mentionned before.

Thank you for your help