Can an Instructor also be a Learner?

Topics: User Forum
Oct 15, 2008 at 6:50 AM

Because I'm just getting this process up and running, I'm the one figuring out how our trainers have to work with the material. Our first test is going very well, but because I also took the training, I need to complete the very same assignment that I just allocated to everyone on the course.

But because I set the thing up, I'm the instructor. That means I don't see this course as being on my list of assigned courses - I see it as one I have to grade instead.

Would I be right in assuming that once everyone else has finished the assignment, I can allocate someone else as the trainer for it, take myself *off* the list of trainers, and I will be able then to take the assignment (but no longer be able to grade it)?

And would this be reversible or not?
Nov 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM
What I found works best is if you assign yourself as both instructor and learner. When you need to act as a learner, remove yourself from the instructor's permissions group (or request this if you don't have the permissions to edit the groups). Return to the assignment and take it. Then when you need to act as instructor, add yourself back to the instructor's group.

I do this at least a few times each week.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 10:45 AM
What you could also do is put the web part on another site where you are only an SLK Learner and set the web part property to display assignments for all sites. It will then display that course for you.

Richard
SalamanderSoft Limited
http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk
Active Directory & SharePoint Provisioning
SharePoint Web Parts